- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 12 oz. Spaghetti
- Heat ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook garlic and red pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Add wine, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add clams and increase heat to medium-high; cover pot. Cook, shaking pot occasionally, until clams have opened, 5–8 minutes (discard any that do not open). Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Add pasta and ½ cup pasta cooking liquid to clams and toss to coat. Add fresh flat leaf parsley. Cook, tossing and adding more cooking liquid as needed, until sauce coats pasta, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve spaghetti and clams topped with fresh flat leaf herbs. Toss again.Plate up and buon appetito!